It’s crafty, creative and fun to play with.
Fidget spinners are everywhere these days. And here at Good Housekeeping, we love putting a crafty spin on the latest trends, so Jenny W. Chan of Origami Tree helped us create a DIY version with cardboard, coins and beads.
- Sheet of cardboard, cut into two 2.75″ by 2.75″ squares
- Four nickels
- One dime
- Washi tape
- Flower embellishments
- Craft glue
- Four small beads
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Draw a vertical and horizontal line through the center of the cardboard square to create four equal parts.
2. Center a nickel on top of the cardboard square, using the lines from step one as a guideline. Trace semi-circles with a pen or pencil. Repeat on all four sides.
4. Draw a circle at the center of the cardboard square by tracing a dime.
5. Trace two nickels onto a separate sheet of cardboard and cut out the pieces. These will be the center covers.
6. Cut out the fidget spinner template.
7. Add a splash of color to the pattern, center covers and four nickels by wrapping them with washi tape.
Read more: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/craft-ideas/a44853/how-to-make-diy-fidget-spinner/