Pom poms are among the most versatile of all craft supplies, and they are perfect for a range of holiday crafts. In this video tutorial, you get to make a couple of pom-poms into an adorable Easter chick. It’s fast, fun, thrifty and easy!
One of my favorite things about Easter is that the holiday lends itself to really cute craft projects. Who doesn’t love making adorable bunnies and chicks?
In fact, I have a whole bunch of bunny- and chick-themed Easter craft tutorials here on the site. I’ll point you toward a few links after the tutorial.
The supplies you need for this project are super basic. We’re going to be making the pom-poms for the craft ourselves, so all you need for that part of the project is some yellow yarn and a pair of scissors.
If you want to save time though, you can just purchase pom poms from the store which are already made and ready to use. This might be a good option if you want to make a whole bunch of these fast.
In any case, the whole project from start to finish should only take you a few minutes, even if you do make your own pom poms.
Take a look at the list of materials and tools you need below. Then watch the video and read the instructions as you follow along.
How to Make a Cute Easter Chick Out of DIY Pom Poms
- Yellow yarn
- Googly eyes
- Orange pipe cleaner
- Orange foam sheet
- Hot glue and glue gun
You are going to be making two pom poms for your chick. One will become the head and the other will become the body. They can be roughly the same size, or you can make the head a bit smaller than the body.
2. To get started making your first pom pom, spool yellow yarn around and around your fingers. Once you have as much as you think you need for a nice, full pom pom, get a piece of yarn to tie around the center of the spool. Pull it tight and knot it so that it is bunched in the middle.
6. Birds need feet, so you will now be making your Easter chick some pipe cleaner limbs to stand on.
7. Cut two pieces of orange pipe cleaner to the same length—one for each foot. Make them about twice as long as you want the finished legs and feet to be.
8. Take one of the pipe cleaners and begin turning it into a leg by folding it in half.
11. Get the orange foam sheet listed in the materials and cut a small beak shape out of it.
14. Finally, you can cut a length of ribbon to tie around the bird’s neck. This can look like a sort of cute scarf. I chose orange to match the feet, but you can pick any color you want.
Read more: https://www.diyncrafts.com/50422/holidays/easter/pom-pom-chick-diy